First Reconciliation & First Holy Communion
Preparation for the reception of Confession and Eucharist will begin in November 2023 and runs until June 2024. Preparation is open to children ages 7 and older (grade 2 and up). The Sacramental Preparation Co-ordinator, Levy Anne Ramos, will contact you by email to give you a more details about the program, important dates and next steps, and to welcome you to the journey. Parents are asked to attend an information meeting on Monday Sept. 18th OR Tuesday Sept. 19th at 7pm in the main church. First communicants are more than welcome to attend. You only have to attend ONE of the two meetings.
As directed by the Archdiocese of Toronto, we will we conducting all classes in person and not online. Many parents and families who have taken our courses in previous years are used to attending our family gatherings with the parents and children altogether. This year, we have decided to change this and will only have children attend all classes listed, unless specified, on the third page of our First Communion Package.
Steps to follow:
- Read all pages in the Registration Package
- Fill out Registration Form
- Gather all required items listed under Office Administration section on the registration form.
- SUBMIT YOUR REGISTRATION FORMS SEPT. 23,24,30, OCT 1,7,8 FOLLOWING ALL WEEKEND MASSES. REGISTRATION FORMS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED IN THE MAIN OFFICE.
- If your child was baptized at St. Christopher's, you are still required to bring a copy of your child's baptismal certificate. If you cannot locate it, please contact the office immediately to obtain a new copy.
- The Meet & Greet is a 10 min meeting with Fr. Joseph and Levy Anne as a way for you to get to know them, and for them to get to know you and the family. All Meet & Greets will take place at the parish office. Please check in at the main office and to arrive 5-10 mins before your appointment.
- Please wait for a followup email from Levy Anne to confirm that your selected date for classes have been received.
Steps to help your child prepare for First Reconciliation and First Communion:
- Attend Weekend Mass: It is important to attend mass as a family. Not only do they familiarize themselves with the Celebration of the Eucharist, but it gives your child the opportunity to put what they are learning into action.
- Pray Everyday: Prayer is how we connect with Jesus. Connecting with Him everyday is an essential component to your child's preparation upon receiving the Holy Eucharist for the very first time. This includes individual prayer time and prayer as a family
- Completing the Workbook: Ensure that your child is taking the time to complete all assigned work. You can also take the time to look back and review the assignments your child has been working on.
Feel free to contact Levy Anne directly at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or concerns.
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE FIRST RECONCILIATION & COMMUNION INFORMATION PACKAGE.